Here at Our Engagement Story we’re not only interested in reading your stories — we want to reward you for them! Those that make their wedding proposal a memorable one by treating it with the respect and dignity that it deserves should get something special for their efforts. So we’re going to hold a contest every month to reward the best engagement story.
Contest? Prize! I’m in.
At the end of each month, we’ll put up a poll. To register you simply need to submit your story at some point during the month. Voting will take place during the first two weeks of the next month. To win, your story needs to have the most votes, and to do that you need to get the word out. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Vote. Vote. Vote!
Since the site is so new, and we have no idea where it’s going to go, the monthly prizes are still being sorted. But after 6 years of waiting
Weddings are expensive. What can $200 get me?
If you’re planning a wedding then you already know that it’s a pretty costly endeavor. We know that, and that’s why we decided at the last minute to double our first contest prize from $100 to $200, which can be pretty handy if you’re planning a wedding. Here’s is a quick list of 10 things that $200 could get you:
1. KitchenAid Mixer ($320) — These things typically go for more than $200, but come on, I know that it’s probably already on your registry. It’s the defacto wedding wishlist item and $200 will get you a big step closer to having it collect dust in your kitchen.
2. Jewelry ($200) — Maybe your something blue just so happens to be in the often sought after “Tiffany blue” hue?
3. Large canvas photo for the mantle ($170) — There’s always a photo that captures the essence of your special day. Get a large 24x36 canvas to cherish the moment again and again… On us!
4. Champagne Flutes ($160) — Celebrate your first toast as a married couple on us!
5. Cake Knife and Server ($40) — Will you daintily feed each other cake or is someone going down? Either way, we want to be a part of it!
6. Save The Date Magnet Kit ($35) — Feelin’ a little artsy? Good. If you decide to make save the date magnets you’re gonna do it a couple hundred times.
8. Garter Belt ($13) — Ahhh… That special moment of awkwardness between the only two people that dove for the belt and bouquet.
9. Gift Card Box ($11) — Have friends and family that are too lazy to get ya an actual gift? You’re gonna need one of these.
10. Ring Bearer Pillow ($9) — Whether you want to admit it or not, weddings are boring to little tikes. Get them a pillow so they’re at least comfortable napping in the pew.
So there you have it. Want to win? Share your story.